Wish Quick Search should have Find Options

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
Often I need to do a Quick Search for a whole word like "Init" in all my project files. But it returns "PgmInit", "InitColors" etc. and there are a lot of them.

QuickSearch needs to have Find Options like Find/Replace where we can "Match Whole Word" or "Match Case". Having "Search Type" added to Quick Search would also help.

TIA

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Widget: Pressing F3, here is what you get. The Find Options allow you to do what you are wishing for. Isn't this your wish?
upload_2017-1-14_15-34-22.png

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Widget: Pressing F3, here is what you get. The Find Options allow you to do what you are wishing for. Isn't this your wish?
View attachment 51996

Yes F3 (Quick Find) has the options I'm looking for but it searches only the current file.

I want to search with Ctrl-F (Quick Search) so it searches all files in the project but with similar Find Options that are only found in F3 (Quick Find). I don't understand why Ctrl-F (Quick Search) doesn't have the same search options as F3 (Quick Find).

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quick search is based on an internal index which allows it to search all the code very quickly.
The Find / Replace feature is not index based.

Ok, can you then extend the Find/Replace to work on all (or open) files in the project? I don't mind waiting 5 or 10 seconds to see the results in a panel like Quick Search.

Delphi allows me to search for (or replace) text in:

1) Current file
2) All Open files in Editor
3) All Files in Project
4) All Files in a Directory

TIA