Rant

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so one of my pet peeves while driving is the "creeper". This is the guy (or girl) that parks 1 - 2 car lengths behind the car in front of them and then slowly sneaks up on the car in front during a traffic light. They may move 2 feet at a time or so making everyone behind them do the same (or get honked at).

So, the poor sap (me) trying to get into the left turn lane without driving over the curb can't get there because this mental moron that is terrified of rear bumpers won't show the courtesy (or intelligence) to keep a few feet between them and the car in front of them. Of course, by that time, the turn lane light is gone and I have to sit through another full cycle.

Honking at the moron doesn't seem to do any good because they have no clue why you are honking at them. Although I did honk at one once and the idiot hit the gas because she wasn't paying attention in the first place and ran into the car in front of her. It may or may not have solved the problem in the future, but it did give me a good feeling. :)

There are a lot of things that people do while driving that make me shake my head. I got rear ended by a guy reading the newspaper once while I was sitting at a red light.

OK, I feel better now.

--- Jem

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a fairly calm and relaxed person with a rather optimistic view of life, but there's nothing that winds me up so much as bad drivers. My biggest pet hate is people that don't indicate at round-a-bouts or junctions. We have a small round-a-bout close to my house and I'm regularly forced to come to a complete stop for a car which then decides to turn right instead of going straight. It winds me up every time. I'm even starting to feel mad just thinking about it! :mad:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Drivers that give more attention to the cigarette or phone in their hand than their actual driving is what winds me up the most. Makes me feel like ramming them!