Android Question Recording a voice message

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
today I have a couple of hours to spend on a very simple project: a personal notepad.
A very basic and very quick solution; nothing fancy or "professional". Just taking some short notes.
But while I'm at it, why don't add a voice message capability? So to have Text and Audio notes in the same app.

Following that consideration, the title's question was born: which solution would it be best for my goal? Would the AudioStreamer suffice or should I search for a more complex library/component? Which one did you use and were satisfied with?

A B4xPages solution would be preferred, but since it would be just for me let's consider it a plus not a must. Thank you all.

udg

Last edited:

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure exactly what you mean but...

I'm currently developing something that sounds similar. I'm attaching text and voice clips to images amongst other things.

Is that what you mean?

I just record audio and save as a file with a database link between the image and the audio.

Reactions: udg
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks John and Erel.
In the end I had only one hour for the project so I tried AudioStreamer and it worked ok.
Audio is clear enough at 22050/16/Mono, saved files for short messages aren't huge and I like the "keep the button pressed to record your message" functionality I added.

Presumably on next weekend I'll have some more time to finish the project. I am evaluating the idea to have a single type of message with "attachments". I mean, the standard Text message (you know, title and body) with the additional feature to attach an audio/picture.
Who knows? It will depend on the eventual epiphany I could have that day.. :)

Upvote 0