iOS Question Recurring subscriptions in Sandbox do not expire after 12 5-minute periods

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good evening everyone,

I am trying to implement in an application recurring subscriptions and I am able to buy successfully the product in sandbox. Searching the web I have checked and found out that in sandbox a recurring subscription of one month is going on being charged in 12 periods of 5 minutes and then seizes. The fact is that after a full day I get the subscription restored successfully and not canceled. I tried to manually remove the sandbox tester's purchases in AppStore connect from "AppStore Connect > Users And Access > Testers > Edit > Select tester > Clear Purchase History" and it worked once but not again. I have "bought" a subscription in 16:34 and I am now waiting for the hour to complete. I do not know if I am doing something wrong and do not want to lose a lot of time waiting. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and is more experienced in dealing with it? Some help would be highly appreciated.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have "bought" a subscription in 16:34 and I am now waiting for the hour to complete.

Nope, the subscription is not cancelled.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I checked also the renewal rate in the same section:

"AppStore Connect > Users And Access > Testers"

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nope, the subscription is not cancelled.
The only valid way to check if the subscription has expired is Apple's validation server. How do you know that it is not canceled? Checking locally is not a valid way for auto renewing subscriptions.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
My impression was that if it is cancelled it does not appear any more in the purchased products as in Google. It is obvious that it is not this way.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My impression was that if it is cancelled it does not appear any more in the purchased products as in Google. It is obvious that it is not this way.
Yes that is not that way. In one of my posts I had given a php code to easily verify them. If you can't find it and need it, reply please so I post it here again.

Upvote 0