Android Question referenced library is missing: googleplayservices

Linostar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying the Google Game Play Services lib developed by NFOBoy.

I followed the steps mentioned in his thread,
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-play-game-services.30514/

but when I try to compile, I receive the following error:
B4X:
A referenced library is missing: googleplayservices
although gameplayservices is already checked in the libraries tab in B4A, and I copied google-play-services.jar over to my Libraries folder.

I tried the sample project attached in the aforementioned thread, and I received the same error.

What would be the possible cause for this error?

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
For starters, which Android SDK do you have installed? If it is above v14, then you'll have a problem. I used Informatix's lib which you will find a link to in the same thread as NFOBoy's post. I believe either lib will require v14.

Regardless, you need to follow the setup carefully from NFOBoy's instructions. Did you setup the additional resources and the appropriate reference to it? Did you copy the appropriate JAR file into your additional libs folder?

-Sterling

Upvote 0

Linostar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your reply, sterlingy.

I already copied the jar file to the additional libs folder, and added the following line to Project Attributes:
B4X:
C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms
and I was doing that anyway since I was using the AdMob lib (which is working perfectly).

I tried with both v13 and v15 of Android SDK, and still got the same error.

Unfortunately, I can't use Informatix's lib, since it doesn't include 'Leadership', which is the only thing I need from this lib.

Upvote 0

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if this is going to solve your problem, and I doubt it will, but you are supposed to copy that res folder to a new folder within your project.

Let's say your project folder is called myProject, and in there are your BAS files, Object folder...

Make a new folder in myProject called MyResources, and copy all of the RES content out of the SDK into MyResources.

Now you have to add "#AdditionalRes: C:\...\...\MyResources, com.google.android.gms" With the "..." being part of your path.

-S

Upvote 0

Linostar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if this is going to solve your problem, and I doubt it will, but you are supposed to copy that res folder to a new folder within your project.

Let's say your project folder is called myProject, and in there are your BAS files, Object folder...

Make a new folder in myProject called MyResources, and copy all of the RES content out of the SDK into MyResources.

Now you have to add "#AdditionalRes: C:\...\...\MyResources, com.google.android.gms" With the "..." being part of your path.

-S

Just tried that. No effect.

Upvote 0

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
in the libs window of the IDE, is the lib named "googleplayservices" all lower case?

Upvote 0

Linostar

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no googleplayservices in the libs tab (I understand that such lib is added internally and do not appear there, but correct me if I'm wrong).

However, 'gameplayservices' lib appears in all lower case.

Upvote 0

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no googleplayservices in the libs tab (I understand that such lib is added internally and do not appear there, but correct me if I'm wrong).

However, 'gameplayservices' lib appears in all lower case.

My mistake "gameplayservices" is NFOBoy's lib. Is it selected?

Upvote 0