Android Question Reload the battery level

Rubens Jr.

Licensed User
Hi !

Is there a way to 'reload' the correct value of battery level ?
I Explain :
I replace the (bad) battery with a power suply, so the voltage level is allways 4.2 Volts.
When I turn on the tablet it shows 100% battery level : ok. Correct.
But, as times goes by ... the level decreases (only the level indicator, not the voltage at power suply) and after a few hours the battery level shows 20% and Android shows a message to plug a charger ... but the voltage is still full since is a power suply instead of a real battery !
If a turn off and turn on the tablet again the level retursn to 100 %.
I supose that the Android read the level at startup and calculate the time remaining of battery ... not read all the time the voltage level.
Is there a way to tell Android : "Hey, read the voltage level now and shows the correct battery level !" ?

Thanks !

(Sorry bad english, it is not my language)

Rubens Jr.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nowadays lithium batteries are usually intelligent, using a primitive micro-controller, and regulate themselves - and tell Android what their charge level and other status is. Also the battery management on Android is quite complicated and low level to ensure the best use of the battery. So no, I don't think there are any public APIs available to do what you want. The behaviour is probably down to the fact that Android can't cope with a dumb power source and makes an assumption that it is a battery that discharges over time regardless of its terminal voltage.

Upvote 0

Rubens Jr.

Licensed User
Nowadays lithium batteries are usually intelligent, using a primitive micro-controller, and regulate themselves - and tell Android what their charge level and other status is. Also the battery management on Android is quite complicated and low level to ensure the best use of the battery. So no, I don't think there are any public APIs available to do what you want. The behaviour is probably down to the fact that Android can't cope with a dumb power source and makes an assumption that it is a battery that discharges over time regardless of its terminal voltage.
Ok. Thanks for the answer.

Upvote 0