iOS Question RemoteNotification event not fired when app not foreground ?

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure because it's a long time I don't work on it, but I believe the behaviour of my app was:
  1. App in foreground. I send a remote notification and the event Application_RemoteNotification is fired.
  2. App not in foreground. I send a remote notification and clicking on it the app is started and the event Application_RemoteNotification is fired.
  3. App not in foreground. I send a remote notification and starting the app (without clicking the notification) the event Application_RemoteNotification is fired again.
So in any case the event Application_RemoteNotification is fired. Do I remember wrong ?
Because actually I see in case 3 the event is not fired.

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
The real problem is that when I start the app all the related notifications are cleared.
If the user don't see a notification is arrived and start the app, the information is lost.
But again sounds strange to me I didn't see this behaviour when I was developing the app. Is it correct ? Or maybe something has changed during the time (B4I or IOS update) ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sound strange. I remember in the past during the app developent, I was manually deleting a lot of notifications.
I didnt' had to do that if they were automatically deleted at app start.
Maybe I'm confusing, I don't know

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I remember correctly.
I have to investigate why now my notifications are automatically cleared ......

Upvote 0