B4J Question Removing extra strings from redirected logs

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,
I use redirect the output function from Erel's post below so that one of my clients can check the logs if they have any questions, a couple of weeks ago I updated their background worker app with a couple of extra features. Yesterday they got back to me saying that the logs have become more difficult to read which I thought to myself that was impossible as I had removed multiple log entries. After checking out the log file myself I realised what they were talking about and yes it has become a bit more difficult to read.

Redirect the output

Excellent in the IDE
1703324891107.png

Not so excellent in the redirected log file.
1703325720035.png

Actually I can show you a bit more
1703326192936.png

Is there anyway to add a filter to the redirect the output code that strips out everything before the first colon or better still remove everything including the first colon. I'm going to presume that it has something to do with the IDE feature of clicking on the arrow takes the developer to the line in the IDE. I will admit it, what my client first told me about it I didn't have a clue what they were talking about until I looked at the log file myself. I know that this didn't happen in the old log file, so I am going to presume it been since the IDE feature click on logs arrow was added.

Thank you..

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe try this magic incantation:
Hey, what, emexes emexes emexes.
I did a search on the forum for a solution and I didn't come across that post, or most probably I somehow completely missed or skipped over it.

Anyway thank you for the rapid reply, that solution worked perfectly and I've sent my client the updated file šŸ‘

Peter...

Last edited:
Upvote 0