iOS Question Renewable Subscription

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i would like to use in my new app the Renewable Subscription inapp purchase. the problem is how can i check if the subscription is still active?
if i use RestoreTransactions the user may need to login for that check but i would like to do something in the background without interrupting the user?

this is what i found: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43408729/check-if-an-auto-renewable-subscription-is-still-valid

i would like to do it from my app and not use a backend solution for that.

thanx, ilan

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A little more info on this issue seems to show there might not be an off-line solution...

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i would like to use in my new app the Renewable Subscription inapp purchase. the problem is how can i check if the subscription is still active?
if i use RestoreTransactions the user may need to login for that check but i would like to do something in the background without interrupting the user?

this is what i found: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43408729/check-if-an-auto-renewable-subscription-is-still-valid

thanx, ilan
Unfortunately i don't think you can do it in the background, as far as I know you will need the user's approval, One way to do it would be to check the transaction receipt and check if it is still valid, what I do is I save the original purchase date and check that against the date every time the user launches the app, check this post for a php script to validate the transaction receipt.

Hope this helps.
Walter

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A little more info on this issue seems to show there might not be an off-line solution...

thanx,
but i already saw this thread. this is why i wrote:

there must be a way to do it without having to use a server and php script.

Upvote 0