Android Question Repeated fatal crashes on two different devices since BA 10.2 Beta #1

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This may be coincidence but since using B4A 10.2 Beta #1 I have been experiencing repeated low level crashes. I at first thought it was my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 dying so I ordered a replacement phone and while waiting for it switched to a newly purchased Samsung Tab A which immediately started exhibiting the same problem. I hardly ever use debug mode and am running the app I am developing in release mode with #Bridgelogger: True. I am using reflection to set the touch listener for a Label view so I can drag it around and the crash happens when I lift my finger off the view. The crash is only intermittent and occurs after maybe ten or twenty touch, or sometimes straight away after restarting the app.
B4X:
    'why reflection instead of the regular Panel_Touch event?
    'because B4A Panel_Touch events go through the message loop and cause delays when dragging
    Dim r As Reflector
    r.Target = lblView
    r.SetOnTouchListener("lblName_Touch")
Xiaomi
Samsung

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unlikely to be related to the new version.
It's not. I went back to B4A v10.0 and it happened straight away! However

I think I found it. Look carefully at the reflection code above - It's in there (I think, subject to further testing)

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…