Android Question Research study: Tension between independence and compliance on mobile platforms

yuppie91

Hi app-developers, I need your help!

I am a student at Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany. I conduct a survey as part of my bachelor thesis about "The tension between independence and compliance on mobile platforms".

You will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire which should take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete. Just click the link below to complete the questionnaire.

http://umfragen.ise.tu-darmstadt.de/sosci/guidelines/

The aim of this study is to determine how app developers are restricted by platform-specific app store guidelines and to identify success factors for app developers. You will have the opportunity to receive a summarized report of the study in order to compare yourself with the performance of others.

Thank you for your support!

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Done. I gladly answered, as I find these issues extremely important, as the guidelines are very creativity inhibiting and limiting.

One issue which I'd like to add, which isn't mentioned in the questioneaire:

Google assumes US law applies everywhere, and thus blocks apps which are perfectly legal in other countries. They need to either adapt their conditions to local law, or to simply say "We don't care. It's the responsibility of the user to decide if the usage of a certain app is legal or not in their jurisdiction.".

Upvote 0