Android Question Resize Columns According to Content inside the cell column of B4X Table

zed

Licensed User
The solution is just below

Upvote 0
The solution is just below
Sorry, I need to resize the height of particular column. But The above link use to resize the width of particular column

Upvote 0

zed

Licensed User
Houps!

1 : Use measureMultilineTextheight from stringUtils library
2 : B4XTable.RowHeight = yourValue.dip - Set it before adding the data.

Upvote 0
Houps!

1 : Use measureMultilineTextheight from stringUtils library
2 : B4XTable.RowHeight = yourValue.dip - Set it before adding the data.
If I use B4XTable.RowHeight = yourValue.dip it resize all rows heights. But I need to resize a particular row according to content inside the column.

Is it Possible?

Upvote 0
I do not think you can adjust the height of only one given row in the table. based on the B4XTable code. Maybe if you modify the code. I tried for quite a while unsuccessfully. However, if I am mistaken Erel will straighten us out.
What Changes I need to made in my code or is this impossible?

Upvote 0

zed

Licensed User
It is not one line that needs to be modified, but the entire code.
B4XTable is based on a CLV.
If you change the height of the lines in a CLV, all the lines will be increased. It is therefore not possible to modify the height of a single line.
There might be other alternatives, but we don't know what you want to do.
Explain your project a little and post the code that is causing you problems

Upvote 0
It is not one line that needs to be modified, but the entire code.
B4XTable is based on a CLV.
If you change the height of the lines in a CLV, all the lines will be increased. It is therefore not possible to modify the height of a single line.
There might be other alternatives, but we don't know what you want to do.
Explain your project a little and post the code that is causing you problems
I have b4x table with 5 columns and I have nearly 1000 rows. I have a column called "Company Name". In this column I have a companyname morethan 300 characters. For Example SRE KAMAKCHI SILKS-T.KALLUPATTI ( Rec No : C/8 By Cash From SRE KAMAKCHI SILKS - T.KALLUPATTI)

So I have to resize the HEIGHT(Not Width) of column according to content in the column.

Upvote 0

zed

Licensed User
For example, you could reduce the company name when displaying and clicking on the column opens a popup with full contact details.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have b4x table with 5 columns and I have nearly 1000 rows. I have a column called "Company Name
Here is one way you can approach it by reducing the font size when the textt length is above a certain number of characters (see screenshot): Please note that c1 is your column 'Company Name' and declared in Globals: Private c1 As B4XTableColumn
B4X:
Sub B4XTable1_DataUpdated
    Dim f As B4XFont =B4XTable1.LabelsFont
    For i = 0 To B4XTable1.VisibleRowIds.Size - 1
        Dim p As B4XView = c1.CellsLayouts.Get(i+1)
        Dim b4xlbl As B4XView= p.GetView(0)
        If b4xlbl.Text.Length > 30 Then
            b4xlbl.Font = xui.CreateDefaultFont(12)  'adjust your font accordingly
        Else
            b4xlbl.Font = f
        End If
    Next
End Sub
1695744336347.png

Reactions: zed
Upvote 0
Here is one way you can approach it by reducing the font size when the textt length is above a certain number of characters (see screenshot): Please note that c1 is your column 'Company Name' and declared in Globals: Private c1 As B4XTableColumn
B4X:
Sub B4XTable1_DataUpdated
    Dim f As B4XFont =B4XTable1.LabelsFont
    For i = 0 To B4XTable1.VisibleRowIds.Size - 1
        Dim p As B4XView = c1.CellsLayouts.Get(i+1)
        Dim b4xlbl As B4XView= p.GetView(0)
        If b4xlbl.Text.Length > 30 Then
            b4xlbl.Font = xui.CreateDefaultFont(12)  'adjust your font accordingly
        Else
            b4xlbl.Font = f
        End If
    Next
End Sub
View attachment 146397
I Tried this But the Text has not fit to the column. Some texts are hidden inside the columns.

Upvote 0