Rights for network adaptor

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im usually deactivating my network adapter when not working with it.
My mum want's to use my computer for web research reasons from time to time - I gave her a normal user account

The problem is: when I (Admin) have deactivated the adapter before shutdown and she boots her account, she's not able to acces the web because her account seems to have no rights for activating the adaptor at startup...

What can I do with the Windows built-in possibilitys?

Thanks,
Christian

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't say which version of Windows you are using. If you are using XP Professional or Vista Business or Vista Ultimate you might be able to make your mum a Network Configuration Operator that would let her setup networking.

I'm not a guru on Windows right and permissions so I would recommend that you Google around and see what you can find.

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't say which version of Windows you are using. If you are using XP Professional or Vista Business or Vista Ultimate you might be able to make your mum a Network Configuration Operator that would let her setup networking.

I'm not a guru on Windows right and permissions so I would recommend that you Google around and see what you can find.
Uh, sorry, I'm using Windows XP Prof. SP2

I havent found anything with google concerning this by using serveral combinations (eng. & german ones)
I would not have asked then

I recently thought I've found the solution, but the joke was that I only gave the corresponding rights to a shortcut to the adaptor :D
:sign0161::sign0142:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already expected this, I've used the wrong keywords...
I was searching for something like "network right management" or "network adapter rights"...
This didn't gave me the desired results.

Thanks for your hint, everything works fine now :D

:sign0098: