Rotate an image using touch

cammel8

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to rotate an image as I drag up or down with my finger and it can only rotate a max of 90 degrees. Think of a turn style handle on a faucet. example:

at rest :

as i drag :
\
..\
...\
....\
.....\
......\
.......\
........\
.........\

drag full extent of panel :

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

It has to be directly related to how far i have dragged with my finger and i cannot just use an on and off image and swap between them like a switch. Any ideas. I have looked at the tutorial on how to do the compass but it doesn't react to touch it is just turning problematically. Any help would be appreciated.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to rotate an image as I drag up or down with my finger and it can only rotate a max of 90 degrees. Think of a turn style handle on a faucet. example:

at rest :

as i drag :
\
..\
...\
....\
.....\
......\
.......\
........\
.........\

drag full extent of panel :

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

It has to be directly related to how far i have dragged with my finger and i cannot just use an on and off image and swap between them like a switch. Any ideas. I have looked at the tutorial on how to do the compass but it doesn't react to touch it is just turning problematically. Any help would be appreciated.

In my tutorial "How they did... #3", I provide a file with different kinds of rotary knobs. Maybe that can help you. You should set MinAngle to 0 and MaxAngle to 180.

Upvote 0

cammel8

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my tutorial "How they did... #3", I provide a file with different kinds of rotary knobs. Maybe that can help you. You should set MinAngle to 0 and MaxAngle to 180.

That was exactly what i was looking for. Irony of it is, i had looked at that like four times while trying to figure it out and never looked all the way to the bottom of the page. But that worked perfect, Thanks.

Upvote 0