Running programs - is there a depth limit. Also window waking

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by LineCutter, Jan 28, 2008.

1. LineCutter

LineCutter Active Member Licensed User

2 questions for the price of 1.

I've got a little program written that uses a separate exe for config. They share the same ini files. When the Prefs program sets HW.RunAppAtEvent(AppPath&"\MyApp.exe",HW.evWakeup) I can see MyApp.exe in the notifications queue... but when the device wakes it complains that it can't run it. The program is on an Sd card & 2 directories deep from there, could this be the problem (I can run MyApp fine by tapping it directly).

Second question: I need the MyApp.exe to leap into action without a pause. Loading the program & a couple of dlls is enough to get the waitcursor displayed. I'd like to flip the screen up from hiding, rather than closing it between uses. I can do that, & summon it back - from within the program. What I'd like is to be able to do that triggered by a hardware event & for something like dzHW.dll to be able to send a message that MyApp can act on to reset itself ready for the next run. I think that this involves some dark magic with window messages, but I can't see how to get these recognised within my B4PPC program.
    :sign0085:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice