Android Question RuntimePermissions Library causing a compile error

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sgt, Aug 27, 2019.

1. sgt

sgt Member Licensed User

Hi I am getting the follow compile error when I have an empty project and I include the RuntimePermissions Library Ver 1.1 and the following firebase library

Code:
    #AdditionalJar: com.google.firebase:firebase-ml-vision
    I have run the SDK and updated to the latest versions of all components. I have try this on version 9 and 9.3 of B4A with the same issue. (Run Clean Project aswell)

There is nothing in the project except a layout. The error is
    Code:
    B4A Version: 9.01.2
    Java Version: 
    Parsing code.    (
    0.00s)
    Building folders structure.    (
    0.03s)
    Compiling code.    (
    0.06s)
    Compiling layouts code.    (
    0.01s)
    Organizing libraries.    (
    0.00s)
    Generating R 
    file.    Error
    d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\
    28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:36: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchStrategy" already defined with incompatible format.
    d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\
    1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:42: Original attribute defined here.
    28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:51: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchTimeout" already defined with incompatible format.
    1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:54: Original attribute defined here.
    28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:61: error: Attribute "fontStyle" already defined with incompatible format.
    1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:62: Original attribute defined here.
    Any help to resolve this is much appreciated.

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

1. It is NOT the Runtimepermission which causes the error.
    2. firebase-ml-vision depend on AndroidX.

Update to B4A 9.3 and switch to AndroidX

PS: Even with 9.3 and AndroidX you probably don´t get firebase-ml-vision running

3. sgt

sgt Member Licensed User

Thanks @DonManfred its finally starting to make some sense. I am running 9.3 with AndriodX and version 23 of firebase-ml-vision, this complies but I can't get the firebase-ml-vision to work at all as I can't create any types of recognizers of any type now local or cloud based. When calling the getInstance method of the FirebaseVision base object it returns null now. Google must of change something any ideas

4. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

I´m sure you are right.
    Unfortunately no. I´m still trying to get a new MLVision libraryversion working. But as of now without success.

José J. Aguilar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice