Android Question RuntimePermissions Library causing a compile error

sgt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I am getting the follow compile error when I have an empty project and I include the RuntimePermissions Library Ver 1.1 and the following firebase library

B4X:
#AdditionalJar: com.google.firebase:firebase-ml-vision

I have run the SDK and updated to the latest versions of all components. I have try this on version 9 and 9.3 of B4A with the same issue. (Run Clean Project aswell)

There is nothing in the project except a layout. The error is
B4X:
B4A Version: 9.01.2
Java Version: 8
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Building folders structure.    (0.03s)
Compiling code.    (0.06s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.01s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
Generating R file.    Error
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:36: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchStrategy" already defined with incompatible format.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:42: Original attribute defined here.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:51: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchTimeout" already defined with incompatible format.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:54: Original attribute defined here.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:61: error: Attribute "fontStyle" already defined with incompatible format.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.0.2\unpacked-core-1.0.2\res\values\values.xml:62: Original attribute defined here.

Any help to resolve this is much appreciated.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. It is NOT the Runtimepermission which causes the error.
2. firebase-ml-vision depend on AndroidX.

Update to B4A 9.3 and switch to AndroidX

PS: Even with 9.3 and AndroidX you probably don´t get firebase-ml-vision running

Upvote 0

sgt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @DonManfred its finally starting to make some sense. I am running 9.3 with AndriodX and version 23 of firebase-ml-vision, this complies but I can't get the firebase-ml-vision to work at all as I can't create any types of recognizers of any type now local or cloud based. When calling the getInstance method of the FirebaseVision base object it returns null now. Google must of change something any ideas

Upvote 0