Android Question Samsung Glaxy S3 mini COM - SERIAL PORT on win7

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear friends,

please, I am looking for advice and I can not find it via google :)

i have SG S3 mini and I am trying to coonect with this phone to my PC with WIN7 64bit,
After pairing my phone and PC I see in PC my phone, but In Bluetooth services is only
ANDROID SMS and there is not SPP - serial port, COM PORT or something else. I can not
connect to my phone via serial port.

I am trying it on notebook and desktop PC
I have GT-I8190N phone

I need run serial port and I want work with B4A....please, where I am doing mistake?

Thank you very much
best regards
p4ppc

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear friends

Thank you for you advices and for your time.

Klaus:
After installing SAMSUNG Kies in PC is nothig changed. In services I have only ANDROID SMS. I have not SPP - seriál port, or something else. I am trying external bluetooth (desktop pc) and bluetooth in notebook.
Please - I must only install Kies to PC or I must do some connection for make serial port active?

Tigrot:
I am trying it via bluetooth. It is fuctioned with other mobile phones. Only my new S3 mini is not functioned :(
I know how to work with seriál Library (main fuctions). It is super, but I must secure first the connection...3 days and nothing...I know that trouble is smaller then it looks....

Have a good day
p4ppc

Upvote 0

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please friends,

have somebody here the same mobilephone successfully connected via bluetooth - seriál port to PC with Windows 7 64 bit?
I spent on this trouble many days and I can not belive that I am doing mistage with connection.....

Thank you
best regards
p4ppc

Upvote 0

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

thank you for your time.

Yes I have tried it. I am successfuly connected to B4A bridge on my phone via bluetooth.

But serial port (SPP profile) I not see in services of connected device (phone)
Best regards
p4ppc

Upvote 0

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

thank you very much for your answer.

1. In my phone I must run APP as you wrote which listens for incoming connections (like B4A-Bridge)
2. Then I can use AsyncStreams

Please, it is ok?
And it is possible to do the APP which listen for incomming connections for example with standard Chat tutorial = with Asyncstreams?

Thank you very much,
Best regards

p4ppc

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

You can use Bluetooth module, like HC-06, and connect it to your PC via USB to TTL module. very easy and
handy.
The HC-06 BT module has RS485 TTL level port, that you can directly connect to the USB2TTL adapter.
Then you only set the port number as you do with any serial device.
If you need more help let me know.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

thank you very much for your answer.

1. In my phone I must run APP as you wrote which listens for incoming connections (like B4A-Bridge)
2. Then I can use AsyncStreams

Please, it is ok?
And it is possible to do the APP which listen for incomming connections for example with standard Chat tutorial = with Asyncstreams?

Thank you very much,
Best regards

p4ppc
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

The chat example is based on AsyncStreams.

Upvote 0

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is Solved....

Thank you Erel, Boja, friends.

It is not neccessary to have SPP profile in PC - bluetooth services.

You must only check all of your available COM ports and one of them will be good fo connection between Samsung Galaxy S3mini and PC with Windows 7 (SPP profile is not SET fot this connection. The devices are only paired)

Its amazing :)
Thank you
Best regards
p4ppc

Upvote 0