SCalculator 2

Discussion in 'Share Your Creations' started by derez, Oct 18, 2007.

1. derez

derez Expert Licensed User

The competition made me look again at my SCalculator and I found a very important capability missing - the capability to use brackets when you want to do a calculation with other order than the mathematical.
    The addition of this capability was surprisingly simple -
    I changed the three registers and the three operation level storage to arrays, and now they work in the same way but for various levels for each pair of brackets.
    I added another function - the Factorial N!.

I shall apreciate comments and suggestions for improvements. For example :
    almost all the subs start with a set of checks that if they fail the sub ends by "return".
    If I take this returning part to another common sub, i cannot use "return" because it will return and perform the originating sub instead of getting out.
    i am sure someone knows how to do it :sign0163:

Attached Files:

2. derez

Common sub

I found a way to do it:
    the calling sub use " If F_common = false Then Return"
    and in the common sub, all the checks return false if they are met.
    Nice talking to myself...

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

I have found that the simples way of resolving emerging issues,...they always seems to laugth at us as sying " You'll never find the simples ansewer that is right under your nose!!"

Them if that fails I come to the forum and ask the "stuppidiest" (notice the quotes!!) and find that the ansewr had already pass by me but I was too busy making the question...

Anyway glad to have here..as I recall you are one of the Original "samlers" of basic4ppc, right...?

4. derez

I think that the need to phrase your problem and write it down has some effect on the growing of the solution inside you...

and yes - I have started with version 4 and since then it became a large consumer of my free time...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice