Screen orientation changes automatically?

mwaite

Licensed User
I see reference to screen orientation support in the "What's New" doc, however I cannot find any way to detect a screen orientation event has occurred. Am I to assume we must query the height/width ourselves?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to use the FormLib library.
B4X:
[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]'First add an object named flb of type FormLib.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]Globals[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]App_Start[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]     Form1.show[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]     flb.New1("Form1",[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]B4PObject[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101](1))[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]flb_Resize [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]'Fires when the user changes the screen orientation[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]if [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]Form1.Width > Form1.Height [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]then[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]msgbox[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]("Landscape")[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]else[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]msgbox[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#010101]("Portrait")[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]end if[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

mwaite

Licensed User
Thanks Erel.

I thought I had seen that somewhere when I was reading the docs, but when I went looking for it again I couldn't find it in the list of methods that Formlib supports, and search "resize" yields nothing. I see it now in the Overview paragraph. By chance is there a complete list of supported events/methods for the librarys that one can use as a reference? I hate to miss something. Now I can go remove my timer event that was looking for screen orientation changed

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…