Sell conversion

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Looking at one of my app I do make my calculations until the end of the year and it does not look promising at all
0,9 % conversion rate

Should I get this value for granted ? How well can an app perform?
Some other stats are
1300 visitors per week from which 22% first time installers =300
50% lost in first day
70-150 installs / day ---> 1 user buy inapp product per day

10-20 returning users/day
4700 active devices
3.6 rate on google play

What is your app sell conversion ?

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is your app sell conversion ?
Numtastic = 12 Total Installs
Simply Big = 2 Installs (My Device and the device from a friend ^^)
Simply Big Lite = 3 Installs (My Device, friend device and the device from my mom)
Countdown the App (is blocked) = >1k installs

But it's ok, it is useful for me, but not useful for other peoples :) other App are work in process.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
what do you mean by sell conversion? Are you selling in app items? IS this to get rid of ads?

I get these figures for my best performing game:

3124 visitors per week, 28.9% first time installers = 903
41% lost on first day
532 installs / day ---> <1 purchase per day (actual 0.3 per day) to remove ads

260 returning users/day
62000 active devices
3.9 average rating

I've just implemented firebase analytics to see what players do, it turns out a lot of them quit on the first level without even getting to gameover. I also know how many use which control scheme and whether they play on normal or hard mode. It's really useful to know, I'll write a games post about it in a few weeks once I've learnt a lot more and added more useful events to track. Like how many sessions they play before purchasing the no-ads option.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
what do you mean by sell conversion? Are you selling in app items? IS this to get rid of ads?
First I want to thank you for sharing your stats , I did get the idea of an app that is found organically on google play and get a lot of attention.
I see that we can not do much on what the statistics have to say ....you lose about halph of the users first day :) , You get from 20 to 30% first time installers, from them about 1% decide to pay for some goods within the app.

I do not know if there is place for more ? If you do not measure your app performance with other apps then it is very hard to understand it the app already is making any real progress.

Then other thing that bothers me is crashes .... it seems you can not live without them , some of them are inevitable and there nothing much to do ....
I see constantly up to 5 crashes / day on 150 installs

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
seems more like a 'possible' problem in your app.

with 4000-4100 active users in my most used app I have

ANR-free daily sessions 100.0% (last 30 days)
Crash-free daily sessions 99.8% (last 30 days)

0.02% (0.8) ANR over the last 30 days
0.11% (4.4) Crashes over the last 30 days

the errors don't make much sense as they are related to openGL or memcopy events. smells like low on memory during app start.
even chrome causes crashes while it is just used to open facebook for support reasons.

/data/app/com.android.chrome-EQEHpMfJjcfhJnlqct4oNA==/base.apk

but 5 on 150 is like 3.5%? which is still not THAT much imho. If there was a big problem it would be a lot higher.

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app with 35000 active device but I do not offer in-app purchases so no conversion rate. But at the end of 6 weeks the retention reate is around %30