Android Question send data every 60 seconds to the server and after hours it stops

mvera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello I am doing an experiment with a phone, where I send every 60 seconds the location (library locationmanager) latitude and longitude to my server.

I do not understand why after 2 hours on average, stop sending the data to the server, but the application keeps working.

Thinking it could be server security issues, change it to another, but the effect is similar.

When I notice that the data is not being sent, it is enough to restart the phone, activate the application and start again for a few more hours.

The only message that the phone sends is that it consumes a lot of battery.

The phone is with internet running without problems.

I occupy it with the screen off.

I hope you can provide me with ideas to solve this.

thank you very much.

Jack Howard

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello I am doing an experiment with a phone, where I send every 60 seconds the location (library locationmanager) latitude and longitude to my server.

I do not understand why after 2 hours on average, stop sending the data to the server, but the application keeps working.

Thinking it could be server security issues, change it to another, but the effect is similar.

When I notice that the data is not being sent, it is enough to restart the phone, activate the application and start again for a few more hours.

The only message that the phone sends is that it consumes a lot of battery.

The phone is with internet running without problems.

I occupy it with the screen off.

I hope you can provide me with ideas to solve this.

thank you very much.

Could this be the same issue, along with a possible solution

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-service-long-running-background-tasks.27065/

Upvote 0