Android Question Sending message to waiting queue of uninitialized activity (submitjob)

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not know if this is generally valid but I've found a solution for this error. If you call a wait for a job in a sub (Number2Sub) which is resumable sub and is called with a wait for then the ball is lost completely. So the answer is do not call wait for in a wait for.

B4X:
Sub Number1Sub
    Wait For (Number2Sub) Complete (Result As boolean)
End Sub

Sub Number2Sub As ResumableSub
    dim hj as HttpJob
    hj.initialize("code1", Me)
    hj.download("http://www.somesite.org")

wait for (hj) JobDone(job As HttpJob)
    If job.success then
        'Never fires
    End If
    Return True
End Sub

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not know if this is generally valid
It is certainly not generally valid. You are not correctly calling your HttpJob as a Resumable Sub.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi @agraham. I am not sure I understood what you answered me. Can you please copy my code above and show me what I am doing wrong. I checked the link you posted and I did not find anything relative (with a brief look at least).

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've never used HttpJob but all the examples I've seen would have your Wait For line as
B4X:
wait for (hj) JobDone(hj As HttpJob)
but I have to admit that I don't know why. There are still odd corners of Resumable Subs that I don't fully understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see... I have used it this way a lot of times and it works perfect. Maybe there is not specific need for this and is more of a syntax thing.
When I remove though in Number1Sub the wait for it actually works with no problem.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User

You are by 95% right. In my Samsung SM-J730F I cannot reproduce it. The error appeared in a client's phone (Xiaomi Mi) and it was solved by removing the Wait For in the loop. The other 5% is that in the client's phone no Activity is destroyed when the code (button1_Click) is called (it has been destroyed and recreated before). I doubt thus a little if this is the cause of this error. I attach a small project and if someone has a Xiaomi Mi and wants to try to reproduce it, any results are highly welcomed.

Attachments

• ReproduceError_WaitFor_In_WaitFor.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems to work fine in release mode on my Xiomi Mi Max 3 with Android 10 and MIUI Global 12.0.1 and also on my Redmi Note 9 Pro with Android 10 and MIUI Global 11.0..6.

It's also fine on a Galaxy A3 with Android 8, a Pixel 4a with Android 11 and a Galaxy Tab A 8 with android 10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…