sending SMS with B4ppc

imzde

Licensed User
Longtime User
hiya,

(I recently download the trial version of B4PPC )
I am trying to send SMS from my mobile phone using B4PPC, I tried to start writing the application in the desktop version, however when I tried to compile to use in the mobile phone that is not allowed (of course) in the trialversion, question ...
how to write this test ?
I already tried directly in the mobile phone (that was the first attempt, but fails because was not possible to find the Outlook DLL in the mobile phone).

thanks in advance for your support

imzde
:sign0085:

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
the outlook dll (and the other dlls) are only for registered users..

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure so I could be wrong but I think the standard libraries are included in the desktop trial version, but probably not (just like the full version) in the device trial so you need to copy any required libraries to the device folder where your application source code is. If you have an Outlook.dll file in your Desktop Libraries folder copy it to the device and try runnning the device IDE again.

It is the extra forum libraries that non-registered users cannot download.

imzde

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but...

agraham,

I am really impressed for the speed of the answer, thanks a lot...
unfortunately I did it in the way that you mentioned, I transfer by ActiveSync the outlook.dll file into the directory of my app. now the update message error :) is

the file Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook. Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=netrual, PublicKey Token=133333 (dummynumbers) has a dependency with other file that was not found"

the new question now is: what additional library should I add or I got an outdated version of outlook dll, and the new one referred by

//www.b4x.com/forum/announcements/828-outlook-library-now-supports-sending-receiving-sms-messages.html

is the new one. I download the trial version today, so I don´t know if contains the updated library for outlook.

thanks a lot.

imzde

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mr. Gee,

thanks a lot, the download contains the mentioned libraries, but for some reason is not working

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I download the trial version today, so I don´t know if contains the updated library for outlook.
Considering the age of that post I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Outlook.dll depends upon an assembly called GAC_Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook which should be in your device Windows directory but I believe this is only present on WM5.0 or later devices with either Pocket Outlook or Office Mobile present.

imzde

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks agraham, I will continue trying, in case of news I will let you know.

best regards