Android Question Setting Up A Google Developer Account

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm (finally) nearing the point where I want to upload my first app. I have not set up my developer account yet as I have a few questions that others may be able to answer. I know it's not directly related to B4A but I'm using B4A to develop so, what the heck.

I haven't gone through the process yet but from what I saw, a lot of the specifics can't be set until the fee is paid so I want to check a few things before parting with my $25.

1) I already have a google/gmail account. Do you recommend using a personal account or setting up a separate "developer" account?

2) Are there any tutorials on set up that you are aware of?

3) Any other "got-cha's" that would help out a newb?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
The process involves two steps..
1- Open Google wallet account.. this is another name for a merchant account where you can accept credit card payments.
It is during this point that you need to pay the $25. Google said they are not interested in the $25 dollars, but they just want to distinguish the serious people for those who are not :) (I wish I could distinguish a million good people this way).

2- After you setup your wallet, then go to the developer console and open a dev account, and since gmail, wallet and dev con are all belong to google hen they will know you have a wallet and the second process will be much easier.

It is ok to use existing gemail.. it really doesn't make difference.

Upvote 0