B4R Question SH1106 1.30" lcd display issues

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi EREL,

I Have a SH1106 based LCD display, which I got working to 80% (see the image)
30177280_2183931448288597_2132197923_o.jpg

My 2 issues are:

1 - position 0,0 is shifted to the left about 4px and thus a 4px wide Vertical line appears in the right side.
In the image a part of this line is erase by the space occupied by the text.

2 - I need to show graphics in this display and as it stands today I can't see how.

I am using the SeedOLED + Wire libs to make this one work.

Its a 4wire IIC display with no address setting.

So, any chance to update this LIB to lattest versions?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This seems to be a known issue with some lcds with this particular chip.
Take a look at this discussion.
It looks like I would need to change a shift setting in the lib itself, but I would prefer to have a properly working lib.
Also, I will need to do some graphics on it, so if you have any info on that, I will appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just seen this quote in the link that you posted "I think your display really has a SH1106 controller. It is similar, but not identical to the SSD1306".

I know for a fact that I have the 1306 controller even though they look identical. I'll be back home in an hour, could you send me the code that you are using?

Cheers...

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello cable guy,
I can confirm that it's working perfect with my 1306. I thought that I had an 1106 but I can't find it right now, that's if I have got one.

Is there no library for the 1106, if so you could always just use inline c like I did here because the standard libraries on the forum don't work with the esp32 in this link and the standard library is missing some features too https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-in-oled-display-progress-bar-inline-c.81391/

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for testing... I will try inline c and maybe convert a code module into a usable lib

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having some difficulties compiling and uploading with arduino IDE. I'll keep you posted

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw your post. I wanted that Cableguy will confirm that it works...
YES, YES, IT WORKS!!!

I just managed to make it work with the Arduino IDE and the example (i2c version) provided inside the lib.
No shifting and no vertical line!

EREL, I can try to create a code module and convert it to a lib, but it would be so much more elegant a proper wrapper.... please????

Upvote 0