Shell ZipView

rbw152

Licensed User
Hey,

I need to shell a program on my windows scanner called zipview.exe (named Microsoft Zip Mobile). I can do this by providing the filename of the ZIP I want to extract as the only argument. Works great.

What I would like to do is to automate this a little more. Are there any command line parameters I can give to automatically have the program extract the ZIP into a specified location? Would love to be able to extract a file in one fell swoop.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Everywhere I've seen online only covers WINZIP (the parameters for that don't seem to work for this one).

Thanks in advance!

Basic4Life

Licensed User
I don't know for sure, but there might not be any further command line parameters for that program.
But there is a zip library for Basic4PPC , since I couldn't find it via search, I'll attach a sample project that should have everything necessary to either add the extract feature directly in your program or create a seperate command line utility to extract zip files with Shell. I did not make that library.
I don't have everything installed that's required to compile anymore, so it's untested.

Alternatively you could look for zip programs for windows mobile, which have documentation of the command line parameters.

Attachments