simple tick wont fire in a module

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys...
this is puzzling me...
A simple Timer control and it's event, within a module, wont fire....????
Any Ideas?

CORRECTION:

I have a FormExDesktop object holding a b4ppc form, with the timer added in the design....
The tick does NOT fire, If I take the form out of the controlsExDesktop object it fires....(?)

Another odd behaviour is that with the object holding the form, the debuger is NOT able to STOP

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a FormExDesktop object holding a b4ppc form, with the timer added in the design....
The tick does NOT fire, If I take the form out of the controlsExDesktop object it fires....(?)
Sorry but how can a ControlsExDesktop hold a form :confused: Post an sbp that shows the problem and I'll take a look

Another odd behaviour is that with the object holding the form, the debuger is NOT able to STOP
What object? Again, give me something to work on and I'll have a look. Note that the IDE debugger never has been able stop an FormEx, you have always had to to stop it manually to return to the IDE.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
By holdig a form, I mean that the form is being hadled by the formEX object....

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your timer is not being enabled as FormEx.Run does not return until the FormEx is closed and you enabling statement is after Run.

This from the help addresses both Run and the debugger issue.
Run : Run this FormEx as the main form of an application. You start an application by either a Form.Show of a Basic4ppc form or a FormEx.Run of an extended form. Note that you have to explicitly close this main FormEx to stop the IDE debugger, stopping debugging in the IDE will not close an application started by Run. After the the first FormEx is Run you must Show all other FormExs, do NOT Run them. Only one FormEx needs to be Run and that becomes the main form of the application. IMPORTANT - unlike Show on a normal Form, Run on a FormEx does not return until the application closes so any statements after a Run will only be executed at application close.