Android Question simple USB Connection PC-Tablet File Transfers?

VJNiega

Licensed User
Hi
we are just beginners in B4a and we develop our first app.

we program in VBA on the PC side and we have to transfer csv-files to tablet, where our app will offline change the csv-data.

So we are looking for a simple technical way for "moving" import and export files from/to tablet, using an usb cable connection.

We read a lot in this forum, but we are a little bit confused, what could be a simple way. Currently we push and pull files per adb via a shell statement in VBA. Here we have the problem, that we are not able to "move", we only can "copy" files and the customers have to install the adb tool on the PC, and every time before data transfer, the tablet is set to debug modus...

we want to ask the experienced users, what could be an easy simple way to get control over the file transfers. Please tell us a link or if someone has an example, that would be great...

VJNiega

Licensed User
Yes it is necessary to integrate the function into android app or into VBA.
The dirs on pc and on the tablet are fix. No need to use wifi or network integration. Only moving files to and from the tablet device.
Theoretically I think a simple "files moving" between android and windows folders. And the customers would like to avoid the install of additional driver software.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Theoretically I think a simple "files moving" between android and windows folders.
As I wrote, there is no simple solution. It is a MTP connection and it is difficult to copy files automatically with MTP.

Program the PC side with B4J. It will be then simple to send or receive files over the network.

Upvote 0

VJNiega

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,
we tried adb, but our custemers don't want Debuging mode turn on...
So we had the idea, to copy files onto an USB-Stick and transfer files from USB to tablet over the USB-device.
We tried some examples out of this forum, but we did not get the usb device of the tablet.
It would be so nice, if you could send us a link to an easy (!) example, that works... :(

Upvote 0