Android Question Simulate right mouse click on webpage

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using my app to control a webpage. I use webviewextras to inject javascript into the page to press buttons etc. The webpage does calculations and displays a series of four buttons with various results. On clicking one of these buttons, a new tab is opened with the contents of a file (results in different formats). If I "run" the page manually from my browser, I have the possibility to right mouse click one of these buttons and use "Save link as" which then saves the file to my PC.

How can I do this within my app? The webpage is not mine, so I have no control over it.

A workaround is to click the button normally and read the page line by line and save the result, this I have. Just wondered if it would work as per browser.
Many thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a feature of your PCs Browser.
I dont think that you can do this in Android.

Upvote 0

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't a long click equal to right mouse click?

That may be the case but in my app, interaction with the webpage is done only via code. Actually for the duration of the calculations, the webpage is not even visible.

@DonManfred: It would seem that you are right. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
You may want to use httpUtils in order to 'download' the result page, which I guess comes from a form's submission.

Upvote 0