Android Question SMS intent KitKat and the others...

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
First of all I would like to apologize, it may be a redundant subject but I am totally lost and not far away from giving up. Because I am now fed up to create apps that work at the office, going to clients and not working on their smartphones (this is not B4A's fault of course). I lose all credibility and I can not buy all the smartphones in the market.

My need : I have designed an app which waits for a SMS to activate. The behaviour depends on the content and the sender.

My problem : I have made the tests using the android.provider.Telephony.SMS_RECEIVED intent and reflection to get the sender and the body of the message. It worked on KitKat (Moto G, Nexus 5) but not on Jelly Bean.
So I have tried to use the SmsInterceptor instead and to recover the last message and SMS to retrieve the body. This worked on Jelly Bean and before but not on KitKat.

Than I have tried to make a mix of the two, switching from one service to the other using SdkVersion, but it then worked on SOME devices only. And changing the priority didn't solved.

Please do you know a way to get this working for sure ?
Many thanks

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One thing about SMS, sometimes it might take a LONG TIME to send/receive one, depends on the carrier. other times is not sent at all, due to some connection error, if your code works then I would say is the carrier, you will have to run some tests.

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks NJDude. My problem is more to detect the incoming SMS by being provided the Sender's number and the body.

After having made some more tests, I believe to have isolated the problem on Samsung's mobiles (unsure btw). Many thanks again for your support :)

Upvote 0