Software Sale

Leandro Vaufran Stievano

Licensed User
Good morning guys, a doubt... how does the software market work in your country? I mean, In Brazil, developers charge a monthly fee, as a subscription. I wanted to know how it works in other countries, if it works by subscription, sales license, or even time/development, etc..
Anyone who can share, I'm interested in understanding how to sell software/app outside Brazil
att

Firebase

Licensed User
In the US, independent developers can charge,
  • a 'purchase' fee
  • a fee for a specific version, they hen pay a small amount to upgrade to the next version
  • a monthly/yearly subscription (the Enterprise market is going in this direction, e.g. Office 365)
  • occasionally, a usage fee based on the quantity of data used/viewed
I control the visibility of various options in the software through a licensing platform and charge a basic fee + whatever additional options they wish; works really well.

Hope this helps.

Henry

Leandro Vaufran Stievano

Licensed User
In the US, independent developers can charge,
  • a 'purchase' fee
  • a fee for a specific version, they hen pay a small amount to upgrade to the next version
  • a monthly/yearly subscription (the Enterprise market is going in this direction, e.g. Office 365)
  • occasionally, a usage fee based on the quantity of data used/viewed
I control the visibility of various options in the software through a licensing platform and charge a basic fee + whatever additional options they wish; works really well.

Hope this helps.

Henry
thanks for answering !
Exactly what I imagined :)

SimonGear

In the States, the software market works differently. Some software is sold through subscriptions, while others are one-time purchases. Some software is even free, but they make money through ads or in-app purchases.