Android Question [SOLVED] felUsbserial with android marshmellow...

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear friends,
I have successfully interfaced arduino duemilanove with android phone (android 4.4 ), but if I try to use the same apk on a phone running marshmellow 6.0.1 , the usb connection is not recognised. Is this a known issue with marshmellow?
I have followed all instructions about modifying manifest file, used device_filter.xml (making it read only), even changed the target sdk to API 23.
Even using Genymotion emulator , the connection works for android 4.4 (kitkat) and not for android 6.0.1 (marshmellow).
Seems to be a problem with marshmellow.
Any solution is highly appreciable.
regards,

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,
Let me summarise my experience:
To start with I was not able to detect usb device on android (phone model MI5 running Marshmellow). I connected Arduino Duemilanov to phone and now the device gets detected and usbserial 2.4 library works great, plotting the analog data on screen. I tried to connect Arduino Mega 2560 ( not ADK) and it does not work! I have attached log of usb1.DeviceInfo(1), screenshot of DroidTerm and my project. Interesting thing is that an app called "DroidTerm" is able to connect and display the adc values! I am confused as to where the actual problem lies! Please help!
regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-18-12-16-08_com.felhr.droidterm.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-18-12-16-08_com.felhr.droidterm.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Arduino Mega 2560_ Android Log.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 312
  • PPG.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,
Finally solved the problem. It was nothing to do with felusb serial library! My pea-sized brain could not realize then, that it was a problem of creating a text file for logging and marshmellow was not granting permission for the same ! Removed the file writer code and it works as expected! Sorry to bother you!

Upvote 0