Android Question [Solved] Issues Uploading Android Bundle for existing app

kozbot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I've been trying for days to figure out this android bundle thing, and I am really struggling.
My app hasn't been updated since 2019, so I'm a little lost.

1. I've logged in, and tried to "opt in" when I do that, I realise I need to click "Use existing app singing key from Java KeyStore".
2. I then follow those instructions - "download pepk tool" etc.
3. I use the code to replace the arguments (of which I am unsure if I'm using the right thing) and I get an error:

B4X:
C:\Users\korenb\Documents\App Stuff\Carols Files\Keys\b4a.keys>java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=Keys.keystore --alias=b4a --output=output.zip --encryptionkey=***
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/wireless/android/vending/developer/signing/tools/extern/export/ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool
has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:473)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:601)

4. I then updated my java jdk, and compile again just in case, but I'm still getting the same error, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
Is the alias the one that we get from the private sign key details? and is the output.zip ok and correct?
My Keys.keystore is from 2015 when I built the app originally. But when I tried to use a new keystore file I got the same issue.

If anyone can please help, that would be amazing.
Thank you.

kozbot

Licensed User
Longtime User
SOOOO looks like my jdk was reading the wrong thing even though I had updated my system environmentals and paths. I had to reboot my pc 3 times before it realised that I had updated everything.
I've managed to opt in now, how I have other issues that I'll try to figure out.

Upvote 0