Android Question [Solved]Linking resources Error

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

After a long time, I am trying to recompile one of my existing applications using B4A 11.50.

Whwn I try to comile the B4A application it is showing the following compilation errors. I searched for similar errors reported in this forum, but all of those errors are for the resources inside their respective projects. In my case, as per the error message, the error is from the resources inside the Android SDK path.

Here is the error message

B4A Version: 11.50
Parsing code. (0.18s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.22s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (0.05s)
Linking resources Error
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:3: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_1000 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:4: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_900 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:5: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_0 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:6: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_800 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:7: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_700 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:8: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_600 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:9: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_500 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:10: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_400 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:11: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_300 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:12: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_200 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:13: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_100 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:14: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_50 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:15: error: resource android:color/system_neutral1_10 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:16: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_1000 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:17: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_900 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:18: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_0 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:19: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_800 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:20: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_700 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:21: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_600 not found.
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.6.0\unpacked-material-1.6.0\res\values-v31\values-v31.xml:22: error: resource android:color/system_neutral2_500 not found.

Any help will be appreciated.

In my Main, I have the below-given declarations

B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: MyAppName
    #VersionCode: 1
    #VersionName: 0.03
    'SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.
    #SupportedOrientations: unspecified
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: False
    #MultiDex: True   
#End Region

#Region  Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: False
    #IncludeTitle: True
#End Region
#Extends: android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity
#AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-8.0.17
#BridgeLogger: True

Sub Process_Globals
    'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
    'These variables can be accessed from all modules.

End Sub

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which libraries are you using?
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case, as per the error message, the error is from the resources inside the Android SDK path.
Did you install a new SDK recently (last 6 month) or are you running an old SDK-Installation?
Can you post the SDK Version from the LOG in the SDK-Manager?

If you are running an old SDK. Delete the SDK and install it new based on the instructions here https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you install a new SDK recently (last 6 month) or are you running an old SDK-Installation?
Can you post the SDK Version from the LOG in the SDK-Manager?

If you are running an old SDK. Delete the SDK and install it new based on the instructions here https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
I installed the new SDK today, both Android and Open JAVA from the above Link

B4A Sdk Manager: 4.00
TempFolder = C:\Users\Anser\AppData\Roaming\ANYWHE~1\BASIC4~1\temp
DataFolder: C:\Users\Anser\AppData\Roaming\B4ASdkManager
SDK version: 6609375
Downloading: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/maven2/master-index.xml
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved the issue

I assume that my mistake was that I extracted the Android command line tools and the resources using the Windows default Zip utility and it did not extract the contents properly.
Now, once again, I deleted all the contents of Android SDK and then used 7zip to extract the Zip files. This resolved the issue.

Thank you all for the support.

Upvote 0