B4J Question <SOLVED> MongoDB 'Unsupported OP_QUERY command:' error

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
Last week I was contacted by a company that wanted to know if I could look at their MongoDB for them, their previous inhouse developer left the company eighteen months ago, I said that I would take a look but I warned them that I'm only going to look at their MongoDB database with absolutely no promises, they said that was fine with them.

Knowing that I had played about with MongoDB previously in B4J, I received their database and imported it into both my online server and my internal server but with absolutely no joy when it comes to querying the database. I have installed the latest MongoDB onto my servers but no matter what I do I keep getting the following error message or variants of it depending on what I'm doing. I've been

Internal server example of the error:
com.mongodb.MongoQueryException: Query failed with error code 352 and error message 'Unsupported OP_QUERY command: find. The client driver may require an upgrade. For more details see https://dochub.mongodb.org/core/legacy-opcode-removal' on server 192.168.0.2:27017

External example of the error (I've removed my server ip address)
com.mongodb.MongoQueryException: Query failed with error code 352 and error message 'Unsupported OP_QUERY command: find. The client driver may require an upgrade. For more details see https://dochub.mongodb.org/core/legacy-opcode-removal' on server xx.xx.xx.xx:27017

I can easily connect to both the servers MongoDB with MongoDB Compass from my development machines and yes I have already edited the MongoDB config file to allow access from all ip addresses (localhost for external ip addresses).

I've searched Google for the following error and there appears to be two solution for it
com.mongodb.MongoQueryException: Query failed with error code 352 and error message 'Unsupported OP_QUERY command:
  1. Downgrade the MongoDB Server
  2. Upgrade the client drivers
I'm not sure if any of the above two are correct, but they appear to be the main two fixes that I've ready, all feedback welcome.

Thank you.
Peter...

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0