iOS Question [SOLVED] Sandbox for InApp Purchase restricted to certain regions. What to do?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

Have a look at this:

I found this at last. Before that, I have created a sandbox account in AppStore Connect, went to Settings > iTunes and AppStore and I tried to insert it but I got an error saying this:

1579602348111.png
]

What can I do to test In App Purchases? How do other users not located in the regions described in the link test it?
iPhone SE - iOS 13.3

Last edited:

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried creating a new test user & setting the "APP STORE COUNTRY OR REGION" to one that has sandbox access? I have multiple test user accounts set up in various regions & they all work fine.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

Have a look at this:

I found this at last. Before that, I have created a sandbox account in AppStore Connect, went to Settings > iTunes and AppStore and I tried to insert it but I got an error saying this:

View attachment 87664]

What can I do to test In App Purchases? How do other users not located in the regions described in the link test it?
iPhone SE - iOS 13.3
What you can do is create a list of Beta Testers under TestFlight, you should be able to use your regular itunes password to test the in-app purchases, Beta testers do not get charged while testing.

Walter

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
What you can do is create a list of Beta Testers under TestFlight, you should be able to use your regular itunes password to test the in-app purchases, Beta testers do not get charged while testing.

Walter
Testers in your Sandbox Testers list in App Store Connect don't get charged either & the added bonus is you don't have to use TestFlight... :)

- Colin.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Testers in your Sandbox Testers list in App Store Connect don't get charged either & the added bonus is you don't have to use TestFlight... :)

- Colin.
Yes I know, but based on his first post he is clearly having issues, so i was just trying to provide an alternate solution, I personally find it easier to use test flight anyway since I use a local host that way my clients can test the app while in development.

Walter

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for answering. What I want to do is check the flow of the IAP in the code debugging it. In order to do that I suppose with test flight it is not possible. Is it?

P.S. I also tried setting the Region in Settings > General to Italy the option that it is supposed to be there in iOS 12+ didn't appear. I will try also with VPN.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for answering. What I want to do is check the flow of the IAP in the code debugging it. In order to do that I suppose with test flight it is not possible. Is it?

No - but you can do it if you create a new tester account in App Store Connect & set it to a region that does allow IAP sandbox testing, then log into that account on your device before you run your app (or sign out of the current account, then run your app & you'll be prompted to log in).

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
P.S. I also tried setting the Region in Settings > General to Italy the option that it is supposed to be there in iOS 12+ didn't appear. I will try also with VPN.

Changing the region or using a VPN won't help, because that doesn't change the region the Apple ID is tied to.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
In order to change the region of AppleID you will have also to change phone number and billing settings. This means phone and card of region. A card can be handled but a phone number even with voip numbers it will be cheaper to set a price of 0,59EUR and pay this during your testing for each test. I will search further for possible solutions and post my findings here. In the meantime if anyone has a ready answer I urge him not to be shy to share it with us...

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
In order to change the region of AppleID you will have also to change phone number and billing settings. This means phone and card of region. A card can be handled but a phone number even with voip numbers it will be cheaper to set a price of 0,59EUR and pay this during your testing for each test. I will search further for possible solutions and post my findings here. In the meantime if anyone has a ready answer I urge him not to be shy to share it with us...

You don't need to change the region of your Apple ID. All you need to do is set up a new tester id in the region of your choice.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see Colin. What is the next step? Log out in the apple ID and login with this?

Edit - I mean from the main login of Apple ID because there is also login for the AppStore

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see Colin. What is the next step? Log out in the apple ID and login with this?

Edit - I mean from the main login of Apple ID because there is also login for the AppStore

Just log out on the AppStore & log in with the test id I think.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just log out on the AppStore & log in with the test id I think.

- Colin.

Your answer was kind of correct (I suppose). I have found the following and I will check it tomorrow but it looks very promising.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your answer was kind of correct (I suppose). I have found the following and I will check it tomorrow but it looks very promising.

Errr - that's basically what I said. Perhaps "Just log out on the AppStore..." was confusing - I meant exactly what it says in step 1 of the link you posted. I have done this multiple times with virtually every iOS app I've developed, so I know it works. I'm not sure why I had to post 7 replies to your original question though.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suppose Colin, you had to answer so many times because before I ask the question I tried to login in AppStore in the settings menu and I have got the message in the beginning. Then with each response I understood this because that was the way it was described also in a lot of Google searches. If you had said start the application to check and login there, I would have surely understand. I suppose (and count me in for that as a leader) all the technology guys have an issue with literature and especially composition. Anyway I haven't tried that yet but I trust your experience and expect it to work as it is supposed to.

Thank you VERY much for your time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0