[SOLVED] System UI is Not Responding -- Emulators

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just like using emulators. I have been told to use a "real device". I guess I am a rebel.

My big problem with every emulator I have tried is the constant interruption "System UI is Not Responding". Sound familiar? This is apparently an issue with any GooglePlay image.

I seem to have finally found the solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...emulated-performance-of-avd-in-android-studio
Go to the checked solution. I found the config.ini file in c:\users\[me]\.android\avd. gpu.mode=host not gpu.mode=auto

Nexus 5X emulator has now been running for two days without a single message, or the endlessly irritating "spontaneous boot".

If this is old news, I could not find it in the forum.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've always used real devices, but for the last month or so I've used the emulator instead.

For whatever it's worth, I've never once seen the "System UI is Not Responding" message. And I'm only running Play images. I have no clue on how to modify settings for the emulator, so everything is vanilla there.

Just wanted to add a counterpoint.

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also having unstable emulator with Play image in Windows 11. The emulator will restart itself quite often.
I have that too. Just ran every update in Android Studio. Bunch of emulator stuff. Maybe it will help.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if, or how, I can help. I can at least tell you some computer specs, not sure how relevant they are though.

1649745249264.png