B4R Question [SOLVED] wemos wifi question

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have a WeMos B4R application that needs to use the internet connection so the first it does is to connect to my home wifi. To do that I have a hardcoded my home router wifi pw in the code.
I would like to make this board usable by other people and of course that would mean that the wemos would need to connect to their home router which hopefully has a different wifi pw.. Is there a possible way to do that?. Is there a way to "send" some info to the device before it actually connects to the wifi?
thanks

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Search for captive portal e.g

Upvote 0

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can start the Wemos in AP (Access Point) mode, and you would connect directly to the wemos created wifi network using your phone and configure the external wifi access on a served webpage. After that reboot the wemos and if the config is correct it would try to connect in station mode using the saved credentials first. In case of failure back to AP mode.

Upvote 0

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you both @thetahsk and @Num3 this really looks like what I was looking for. I will go through the above examples during the weekend.
Just one dumb question..(sorry for that). how do I start the Wemos in AP mode?
thanks!!

Upvote 0

candide

Licensed User
in this creation gataway 433mhz <=> MQTT on esp8266, you have an example of provisioning :

Provisioning is done with a basic navigator connected to 8266 on AP network for first time and on direct IP address when module is connected to network
Provisioning is stored in eeprom

Upvote 0

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
just one comment: yesterday afternoon at about 17:30 I posted a question for a practical problem I needed to solve. When I woke up this morning the solution was there and by 12: 30am today I had the application working as I wanted. This is what I call an incredible community and an incredible platform! Thanks!

Upvote 0