Speech library for the DEVICE!

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand how you managed to add fliteDLL.dll as a component. As it is not a .NET assenbly you should have got an error when you tried to add it. I do.

Brilliant work Andrew. Works a treat :sign0098:

fliteDLL.dll throws an error on my device too if I try to add it as a component.
Tried it just to back your comment up. I knew I didn't need to add it.

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow!

What a great PPC tool! Thank you again agraham:sign0188:
Works perfect on my device!:sign0060:

Regards,

colin9876

Licensed User
How odd?

Well I just tried adding the Flitedll again as a component and it does let me do it (on a wm6 Touch) but as I said the program does work then.

Anyway well done, its good - especially if you spell the speach words phonetically!

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much for your hard work on this library. It's working like a charm on my HTC Apache. BTW the library worked when both Flite dlls were in my application folder.

- All my best,
- Steve

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello agraham,

No words needed.
:sign0188:

OK dzt, already spoken outloud on agraham's fliteDLL.dll :D
B4X:
Words.New1
Words.Say("Respek")

jesb4ppc

Licensed User
Error with fliteDevice.dll

Congratulations again, agraham,

Your work seems to be a very nice piece of code, but I can't check it.
I try to run it, and I got the following error:

The code is as simple as add the flitedevice.dll component, create the Voice object, and try to run it.

Sub App_Start
Form1.Show
Voice.New1
Voice.Say("Hello World")

End Sub

I' got the .net CF 2.0, and have write a lot of more complex code for my trinity (HTC P3600). Got any idea of what's hapenning?:confused:

Once again, thank you for your efforts.:)

Jes

Attachments

• Speech error.JPG
    Speech error.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 18

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I get exactly that error if I try to run it on the desktop - it will only run on a device as FliteDevice.dll is a native ARM processor dll. For my desktop solution see here http://www.b4x.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5480&postcount=5

EDIT :- As I am a pedant :) I will correct the statement above. FliteDevice.dll is a .NET assembly, it is fliteDLL.dll that is the native ARM dll.

Last edited:

jesb4ppc

Licensed User
Works fine.

It works fine now. Hasn't read that it only works on device ('though the name fliteDEVICE suggest it - my fault-):signOops:

Once again, thank you very much, agraham.
:sign0188:

Jes

pmu5757

Licensed User
Hello
Can you tell me if this dll can work in other languages, French for example.

Than you.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was updating my DLLs folder, and when I tryed to download the device dll, It times out while waiting to connect to the server...

JoaoAfonso

Licensed User
Good evening
I've read other posts about this, giving no solution at all, but as all of them are from 2007 or 2008, I try now again for an answer: I intend to make a way to edit text just using voice, without the need of any kind of SIP. This dll says everything we write; is there a way to do the opposite?
My general idea is to have something like ViaVoice for desktops, but for the device. Windows Mobile has the voice contact thing, and I wouldnt mind to have exactly that but the output, after comparing 2 sounds, be a word.
Any clues?

Thanks in advance

mjcoon

Licensed User
Good evening
I intend to make a way to edit text just using voice, without the need of any kind of SIP.

I think that this ambitious idea would be jolly difficult, even if a ViaVoice, or similar, clone could be found for the device. Speech recognition is compute-intensive.

Consider the interactions between a secretary and an author while effectively performing editing using their voices. It's quite a subtle process. If it could be automated then a "PDA" would truly be a "Personal Digital Assistant"!

There is also the problem that AGraham's speech engine cannot be interrupted once it has started, and I think that interruption is a crucial part of the secretary - author interaction.

Mike.

JoaoAfonso

Licensed User
Hmm... one would need to have some "training", but I can imagine a routine each 2 seconds, lets say, to capture sound in microphone and compare it with pre-saved words (like voice commander, or such, to check contacts). In this way it would take some time to say a sentence, but at least I could write it without touching the screen :)
So my problem is, to make this work, how to compare 2 sounds...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are aiming at the desktop, it can be done using the SAPI engine, wich packages with WnXp and later...
But for the device, you, and so many others, are out of luck...
SAPI is only available in WinCE, and NOT in WinMo....

mjcoon

Licensed User
The code is as simple as add the flitedevice.dll component, create the Voice object, and try to run it.

I have a strange problem with this.

I added the flitedevice.dll to Components on the desktop IDE but when I go to add the object the FLite repertoire of objects (with one entry) does not appear.

However the same source code on a WM6.0 emulator (running the same Basic4PPC IDE version) allows me to add the object and runs with voice output just as well as the desktop version.

This means I am not able to compile for the device (or the desktop, using same source code). I get the error message "No match was found to type: flitedevice. A desktop reference is missing."

Should I not be able to use one source for both device and desktop (with suitable environment tests embedded to ensure that the right library is invoked)?

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suspect you have only added the library as a device component. The IDE and the compiler only look at the desktop components to see what objects are available so you need to add the library to both desktop and device even though it will not run on the desktop.

mjcoon

Licensed User
I suspect you have only added the library as a device component. The IDE and the compiler only look at the desktop components to see what objects are available so you need to add the library to both desktop and device even though it will not run on the desktop.

Thank you Andrew; now I read that I'm sure that you have had to tell us several times before - sorry.

Additionally I found that I could not compile for the device until I had conversely added the desktop component to the device side of the listing as well.

Mike.