Speech library for the DEVICE!

mjcoon

Licensed User
Additionally I found that I could not compile for the device until I had conversely added the desktop component to the device side of the listing as well.

And now I find that the successfully compiled program won't run on the device, either real or emulated.

I get: "File OR assembly name 'ClassLibrary1, Version=1.0.2857.13802, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

Is this because I now nave a prolram that wants (per quote above) the desktop DLL which is no good on the device anyway?

Is it in fact impossible to have a single source for device and desktop?

Is there an equivalent to "Dependency Walker" for PPC?

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I now nave a prolram that wants (per quote above) the desktop DLL which is no good on the device anyway?
I don't understand what you are doing. :confused: There isn't a desktop dll for the device speech library. Which libraries have you added as device components and which as desktop components?

mjcoon

Licensed User
I don't understand what you are doing. :confused:

Oh, just hopefully thrashing around hoping to fall into some combination that works... :sign0013:

I don't understand what you are doing. :confused: There isn't a desktop dll for the device speech library. Which libraries have you added as device components and which as desktop components?

I added both flitedevice.dll and SpeechLibDesktop.dll to the desktop side of the components list, as you suggested at lunchtime.

Originally I had only flitedevice.dll on the device side, but as I said at teatime: "Additionally I found that I could not compile for the device until I had conversely added the desktop component to the device side of the listing as well." I didn't report the compilation error message which I have attached. It goes away with what should be a spurious inclusion of that DLL. Maybe there is a better way!

Mike.

Attachments

• speech-compile.JPG
    speech-compile.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 3

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When emitting the C# source the optimising compiler uses the information from the desktop components, and assumes that there are matching objects with matching methods and properties in the device libraries. However when it tells the C# compiler to compile that source for a device it tells it to include references to the device components because they are the ones that will actually be present on the device. That's why you got the compiler error.

I haven't tried it because I'm busy but I don't think you will be able to use both libraries in the same application without hitting run-time problems. I think you would need dummy libraries compatible with desktop/device to satisfy compile and runtime constraints.

mjcoon

Licensed User
... I haven't tried it because I'm busy but I don't think you will be able to use both libraries in the same application without hitting run-time problems. I think you would need dummy libraries compatible with desktop/device to satisfy compile and runtime constraints.

Thanks Andrew, since you have provided dummy libraries for other purposes I wondered if that were the problem.

I don't have any burning desire to use a single source for device and desktop, and anyway can easily use alternative modules to isolate any environment-sensitive stuff.

Perhaps when you are not busy (?! :cool:)...

Mike.