B4J Question SQL data not displayed on webpage

RobertNM

Licensed User
I am having a problem reading the data from my database after I upload my project to my webhost.
I have tested the project connecting to my local database and to my database on my webhost using the
following connections.

To read the data from the Localhost SQL Server I have used the connection:
SQL1.Initialize("net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver","jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433")
I compile the project.

I then open a browser and enter: localhost:51042 and the program opens and reads and updates the database on my local sql server. Everything words perfect.

To read the date from the database located on my Remote SQL Server GoDaddy account I used the connection:
SQL1.Initialize2("net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver","jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://184.168.194.78","databasename","password")
I compile the project.

I then open a browser and enter: localhost:51042 and the program opens and reads and updates the database on my Godaddy sql server database. Everything works perfect.

Now, when I upload all of the files generated by B4j to my webhost and then open the index.html the page opens but no data is displayed. I know I am missing something but I have no clue what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The port number after the IP address ? (1433 in your first example)

Upvote 0

RobertNM

Licensed User
I tried 1433 after the IP address but no luck. When I go to my providers Admin page and view the connection string, no port address is shown. Here is what it shows:

Connection

Connection string: Data Source=184.168.194.78;Integrated Security=False;User ID=taskmgr;Connect Timeout=15;Encrypt=False;Packet Size=4096
Connection timeout: 15
Database: taskmgr
Datasource: 184.168.194.78
Network packet size: 4096
Server version: 11.00.5582
Work station id: P3NWVPWEB164

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User