Sql sorting problem...

belotrei

Hmm, hope this is not a stupid question.. but i've got lost (again)... :sign0161:

i want to order number in sql database :
numberid in row : (data)
... and so on... 1500

cmd.CommandText = "select numberid from master order by numberid"
' and see the result :
cmd.ExecuteTable("table1", rowstoload)

but why in the table it becomes :
.... and so on...

How can I fix this ?

Thanks.

PS: i need to use "order" command of sql function because i want to use this code:
cmd.CommandText = "select numberid from master order by numberid"
' and see the result :
cmd.ExecuteTable("table1", rowstoload)
'numberid has been loaded to tablecontrol (but not organized)
new control, lets say a button control :
cmd.CommandText = "select data, numberid from master where numberid <= '" & table1.Cell("numberid", xxx) & "'
cmd.ExecuteTable("table1", RowsToLoad)

' or >= from numberid

(Yeah that's the code from dzt's project.)

So it will chaos if the sorting of sql is not right, because the table control will be filled from sql.

Sorry if the code / my explanation makes you a little bit confused, i haven't take a sleep for 3 days... Very curious and exciting with this project..

dzt

Licensed User
Sorting depends on fields type (TEXT or NUMERIC).
I can see that in your case NUMBERID is TEXT so in a TEXT (or string) field "2" is greater than "11" ("B" in alphabetical order is after "AA").

To have your query sorted right you should define field NUMBERID NUMERIC, or keep if TEXT and fill it with 0s.

belotrei

Thank you so much! Your solutions are working GREAT, dzt! How lucky i am can found this forum..
The guys here are so helpful and KIND. (and genius too... :) )

Dzt, i think you're a master in sql database.. Actually, does your job have relationship with software/database programming?

Cheers.

dzt

Licensed User
Your are welcome belotrei,

My job is absolutely relevant.

Sleep is incompatible with app development as you mentioned in other way above... :)

belotrei

Hahaha... btw, thank you so much dzt! Finally i can sleep peacefully now... after got the vErY helpful help from you...

:sign0188:

Don't get bored with my stupid question, dzt. I've just learned sql recently... :sign0060: