Android Question Square credit card capture

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am developing an app where the user will enter their credit card information (not swiped) and then the card transaction will be processed via the Square Android API SDK.

On the mobile side, the Square API is used to create a "Payment Token". Once the payment token is obtained, it is sent to the backend for the actual credit card transaction processing. The only way to get the required payment token is via the Square Android SDK. The SDK appears to be only available in Java.

Below is the link to Square:

Question 1: Has anyone added the "Install In-App-Payments SDK" from Square to B4X?

Question 2: Assuming you have been able to implement this SDK, have you been able to write the code to capture the Square payment token? This again appears to be written in Java.

Thanks.

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think you will find it easier to use square's rest api. then you could use okhttputils2.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Squares's rest api should only apply to the backend - I have the backend covered. Need help with the client side on the mobile app.

I have never done this but from my understanding, I maybe need to create a library for B4X from the Square java code.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Alternatively you can use JavaObject. Both require some javaknowledge.

Another alternative is to pay someone to write the wrapper for you.
You can try to hire one in the Job-Forum.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestion - I have posted this in the jobs forum. I could learn to create libraries myself but time is more important here.

Upvote 0