B4R Question stack overflow at due?

Hans- Joachim Krahe

Licensed User
Longtime User
on strong working, there seems to be a stack overflow, that is only to be healed by a reset. Is there something like a garbage collection at arduino?

Hans- Joachim Krahe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hm, got 500mb sram and reserved 10kb Stack. Same procedure(Plott points) runs 2 Times, Then hang. While writing log messages mean time, it collapses earlyer, also if I put Stack to 5 Kb or to 20kb... Are variables managed in stack too, or iobuffers only? Additional, I use 200kb random excess- can that collide with stack? .

thanks for the link - i reduced the heap fragmentation, but it has no effect. Would have been unlikely reason at this memory space too - I suggest intern variable deklarations, that are not adapted to 32bit adressing....????? random - stack mismatch for instance? Putting the declaration array for the random into the stack (dimensioned in Prozess_globals) delays the crash for about 4 times, but does not prevent it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans- Joachim Krahe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel - ist not easy to post, because its too complex and improved. I tried to drive plotter by sending points of graphs to arduino and let him calculate the steps. Now I first will try to send the steps by one byte orders to arduino - but call you later. thanks

Upvote 0