Android Question Start intent specific activity

imgsimonebiliato

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I set a notification in my app. When the user tap over the notification, the app starts using an intent.
How can I start the app in a specific activity?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I set a notification in my app. When the user tap over the notification, the app starts using an intent.
How can I start the app in a specific activity?
And you are using which Notification-Library to create the Notifications?
Look at the documentation of the library you are using for how to set the resulting Activity

With this one for example you can use AddAction and AddAction2 to set any Activity you want (AddAction) or even a Service (AddAction2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NotificationBuilder
Methods:

• AddAction (icon As String, title As String, tag As String, Activity As Object)
    Adds an Action to the notification.
    Actions are buttons displayed on the notification that can allow users to do something without starting the app. e.g Call back a missed call, pause a sound track, etc

The icon file should manually copied to the Objects\res\drawable\ folder and set to read-only.
    The file name is case sensitive and should not contain the file extension.
    If tag is set to "" then it will default to the passed title.
    tags are named 'Notification_Action_Tag'
    Use AddAction2 to pass a Service module instead of an Activity.
    MAXIMUM of 3 Actions can be added to each notification.
    API 16+
  • AddAction2 (icon As String, title As String, tag As String, Service As Object)
    Similar to AddAction, but you pass a Service Module rather than an Activity Module.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

imgsimonebiliato

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I use Notification Builder Library. I'll try AddAction :)

Upvote 0