Android Question Strange error - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app package name is alex.HCMS.EVV

Today on one of my users phone with OS Version Android SDK: 24 (7.0) this error happened

Main_btnLogin_Click java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "alex.HCMS.EVV.false" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/alex.HCMS.EVV-2/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories[/data/app/alex.HCMS.EVV-2/lib/arm, /data/app/alex.HCMS.EVV-2/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]

Main_btnLogin - it's a Login button on the Main screen. This app works on hunders other phones without any problems - I have never seen this error before.

This morning it was Ok, I didn't chnange anything - what does this error means?

Is it because this phone OS is too old?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
My first thought would be to have a very close look in btnLogin_Click around references of false.
Thanks, will check. I don't understand why this error dodn't happen earlier on the same phone and why only once and only on this old phone.

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Thanks, will check. I don't understand why this error didn't happen earlier on the same phone and why only once and only on this old phone.

I agree, that is a mystery, and I don't understand too. šŸ»

But it seemed odd that Java would be off looking in libraries for something with name false - I would have thought that the boolean False value would be baked-in to the compiler, rather than be an optional extra.

Upvote 0