Wish Streaming videos with SMB

venj

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and thank's a lot for B4a.

I just wish to be able to stream a large video file located on a HD plugged into a router, directly from an SMB Url passed to a VideoView like, for example: VideoView1.LoadVideo("smb://...", FileName) if it's possible, naturally.
For now, I start (during about 10 seconds) to download the file with smb1.DownloadFile(...) to a temp directory on my device and then I start playing the video with VideoView and it works, it plays during the time it continues to download the file. It's almost like real streaming ... but it works with a MiniX Neo X7 device but not with a Samsung tablet even if they run the same Android version ?

Thank you again,
JGV from Quebec, Canada (french)

venj

Licensed User
Longtime User
Take a look at my upnp source code
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/upnp-browser-source-files-included.48960/
it's not exactly what you are after. But if you can setup the drive as Windows shared folder and have a Windows PC set to share content or a UPNP media divice then you can stream the content that way.

I want to thank you a lot for sharing the source code of your apk but as you said it's not exactly what I want and i'm not enough familiar with what you've done to adapt your code to exactly do what I want my apk be able to do but your apk remains a very very good work. Thank's again and I will note it 5 stars. JGV