B4J Question Strikethrough text in Text Area or HTMLEditor help

RussellM72

Licensed User
I tried posting about this earlier today and my post seems to have disappeared.

I'm making an app where a user enters a list of commands into a text area and then clicks a button to execute a command and then the highlight moves to the next line.

I'd like to show the user visually, which commands have already been executed. I wanted to use strikethrough on the text in the text area but, I don't see that styled text is supported by the text area. I'd love to find out that I'm wrong about that because using a text area seems loads simpler than using an HTMLEditor. Is there a way to style different lines of text differently in a text area?

If not, is there a feasible way to switch to using the HTMLEditor object? I've been playing with one and it doesn't seem that there is any easy way to set a SelectedStart or SelectedEnd like there is with a text area. I found on forum post about this topic but, I think that it ended with a comment that the method described no longer works?

Also, the only method I see for getting the text in an HTMLEditor is via the .HMTLText property and that returns a long string of html code and I don't know of any easy way to parse this to iterate through the lines of text that are shown in the UI. Is there a library or methods that already exist to easily convert the html returned by .HTMLText into an array containing one string per line (even if it also holds the div, p, br, etc html tags)?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, and please don't delete post without letting me know why it's being deleted. Again, thanks.