B4A Class [B4X] PDF Generator - B4X Cross Platform - Class 100% B4X Code

Hi,

This class cPDF.bas (version 0.6 - 2024-01-03) generate PDF File with limited fonctionnalities (but enough for me)
  • Add pages with different paper size (use constants or custom size)
  • PDF standards font (Courier, Helvetica, Times, Symbol and Zapfdingbats), style (Normal, Bold, Italic, Underline and StrikeThrough), encoding cp1252
  • draw text : single line of text at position x, y
  • draw text flow with explicit and automatic CR at current x,y position with alignment (left, center, right, justify)
  • Measure text (width and height)
  • Measure multiline text (width and height)
  • draw line
  • draw rectangle
  • draw images (only PNG, all format that can be loaded with xui.loadbitmap)
  • use pdf commands directly
  • save to file with/without compression
Source full commented, example for B4J and B4A, I don't use B4I (but should be OK)
dependencies :
  • B4XCollections
  • RandomAccessFile

Help welcome to add support for :
  • PNG image wih colorspace = 6
  • JPG image
  • loading font from file

1673250547389.png

1672644892353.png

1672644909961.png

1704277206392.png

spsp

Attachments

• 1672644870818.png
    1672644870818.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 834
  • 1672644931064.png
    1672644931064.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,433
  • pdfgen.zip
    284.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Setlodi

I've found a workaround for adding images to a PDF document. My app captures signatures and then adds them on a PDF that I'm generating using the cPDF class. My signatures are captures with colorspace = 6 value and I couldn't see them in my PDF. When I use IrFax to change colorspace value to 2, as recommended in one of the posts it worked. However, to programmatically change was a challenge. So what I did is I converted my signature PNG image to JPEG and back to PNG, using the ConvertImage library.

Convert PNG image to JPEG and back to PNG:
'convert to JPEG
    Dim Bitmap1 As Bitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirInternal, "signtest.png")
    Dim SavePathAndFileName As String = File.Combine(File.DirInternal, "signtest_JPG_conv.jpg")
    ConvertImage1.ConvertBitmapToFile(Bitmap1, SavePathAndFileName, ConvertImage1.TO_JPEG, 100)
    Log("signature.png converted to signature_JPG_conv.jpg")

'convert to PNG
    Dim Bitmap1 As Bitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirInternal, "signtest_JPG_conv.jpg")
    Dim SavePathAndFileName As String = File.Combine(File.DirInternal, "signtest_PNG_conv.png")
    ConvertImage1.ConvertBitmapToFile(Bitmap1, SavePathAndFileName, ConvertImage1.TO_PNG, 100)
    Log("signature.png converted back to signature_PNG_conv.png")

spsp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've found a workaround for adding images to a PDF document. My app captures signatures and then adds them on a PDF that I'm generating using the cPDF class. My signatures are captures with colorspace = 6 value and I couldn't see them in my PDF. When I use IrFax to change colorspace value to 2, as recommended in one of the posts it worked. However, to programmatically change was a challenge. So what I did is I converted my signature PNG image to JPEG and back to PNG, using the ConvertImage library.

Convert PNG image to JPEG and back to PNG:
'convert to JPEG
    Dim Bitmap1 As Bitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirInternal, "signtest.png")
    Dim SavePathAndFileName As String = File.Combine(File.DirInternal, "signtest_JPG_conv.jpg")
    ConvertImage1.ConvertBitmapToFile(Bitmap1, SavePathAndFileName, ConvertImage1.TO_JPEG, 100)
    Log("signature.png converted to signature_JPG_conv.jpg")

'convert to PNG
    Dim Bitmap1 As Bitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirInternal, "signtest_JPG_conv.jpg")
    Dim SavePathAndFileName As String = File.Combine(File.DirInternal, "signtest_PNG_conv.png")
    ConvertImage1.ConvertBitmapToFile(Bitmap1, SavePathAndFileName, ConvertImage1.TO_PNG, 100)
    Log("signature.png converted back to signature_PNG_conv.png")
Hi,

The class is updated in post #1 (version 0.5). it's support all image format loadable with xui.loadbitmap.

spsp