Sub name evaluation

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to determine wich sub caused an event to fire?

I'm using webbrowser, and would like to evaluate in the documentcompleted event wich sub had the navigate method that fired this event(has this event is common to all navigate methods)...
This way I could retrieve the information I need to a particular navigate method(url), and pass it to the apropiate sub or have it returned to the calling sub...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I remebered that after I posted, but was hopping for a more "internal" way of doing that...but yes, it works...I then use the case select to act acording to the calling method needs...

Why do I keep asking questions, if the answer keeps popng out after the question is done????

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
a theory

Cableguy that sort of thing happens to me all the time when I scratch my head - i walk away and do something else or while I am in the shower the answer comes - not when I'm thinking consciously about it. Almost without fail lol.

I do believe I'm not alone in this - when I programmed for a living I used to leave my desk quite often and really didn't know why I did but then it dawned on me that's how I'd crack problems that I couldn't think past.

Sometimes it happens just as I'm trying to go to sleep too.

I guess in your case you've left your thread, and then are waiting for an answer. You probably switch off just after posting it enough for the answer to come but too late to stop posting it.

regards, Ricky